You will need...
- a crock pot
- PAM or other type of cooking spray
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup skim milk
- topping of your choice
1. Spray the inside of the crockpot with the Pam. This will help out when it's clean up time, trust me!
2. Add oats, water, and milk to the pot and stir.
3. Put on low right before bed (give it at least 6 hours)
4. Scoop it out and enjoy! Serves 2
A note on toppings... all of these internet sites told me to put a little pat of butter on my oatmeal in the morning. I thought "what? That sounds so gross!" But really... every single site! I decided to trust them, so I put a little pat of unsalted butter on my oatmeal (maybe 1/2 tbsp). It was so good! It enhanced the nutty flavor of the oats, and honestly... if you're eating something this healthy, a smidge of butter is totally ok when it adds this much flavor. I also love adding walnuts and blueberries, which according to Livestrong.com is a perfect balance of nutrients to start your day! So go crank on your crockpot and get some oatmeal going!