Saturday, August 10, 2013

What a year!

Jeeze, I can't believe that it has been a whole year since I posted anything! I got so caught up in the rush of life that I really let my time for crafting fall to the wayside. I feel like I start projects and then get so burnt out by work that I never finish them, which is a bummer because crafting has always been a way for me to de-stress. So I've decided to get back to blogging, as I think that blogs are such a great way to connect with others and share your creativity. I think it will give me the inspiration I need to get motivated and make sure that I always make time for myself to sit down and do something creative.

So many things have happened since the last time I posted! Just to name a few...
1. I graduated from college!!! WOOOOO!!!! I was so ready- I went to an extremely competitive liberal arts school so needless to say it was four years of blood, sweat, and tears. For my graduation gift my parents took me on an awesome vacation down to Tybee Island, GA to see my relatives. I spent a whole week laying on the beach reading trashy magazines. It was perfect.

2. We moved back to Maine! After working as a Catering Coordinator down in MA for 6 months, enough was enough for me. I needed to get back to my home state. I spent months scouring the internet for the perfect apartment, and I found it. We love our place, plenty of crafting space for me and plenty of windows for my kitties.

3. I found a career. It took a while but I stumbled upon Providence Service Corporation, the largest in-home Social Services program in the world. I was hired as a Behavioral Health Professional, and I do in-home work with kids that are in danger of being placed in residential programs due to unsafe behaviors. It is a tough job, I get beat up sometimes, but those moments when you see the kiddos getting better and forming a relationship with you are the best in the world.

4. I worked my butt off, literally... when I posted last year I was about 25-30 pounds heavier. I gained a lot of weight due to a back injury that I got while playing Rugby. I had a pinched nerve, and it was sooooo painful. Working at Panera didn't help, and my back would hurt so badly that working out didn't happen much. After I quit I noticed that the pain diminished, and soon I was back to a regular workout routine and feeling much better. I will be posting some of my go-to healthy meals and workouts!

5. We had some scary family stuff happen. My father's kidney cancer returned after years of being cancer free. While running preliminary tests to see if he would be a good fit for IL-2 treatments, they discovered a major blockage in his heart requiring and immediate quadruple bypass. Everything happened so fast, but he had amazing doctors and nurses, and has recovered with flying colors. He is now moving on to beating his cancer, which I know he will do. You can follow his journey at http://fiveplus-nandu.blogspot.com/

So... I'm back and ready to go! I have some fun tutorials in the works, including quilting, home DIY projects, and some fun recipes. I am also going to be starting a "Mainely Mondays" post, in which I will share my weekend Maine adventures. I live in such a beautiful, fun state, and I want to share it! Stay tuned!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment