Monday, January 6, 2014

Mainely Mondays #3




In our quest for fun few ways to brighten up our apartment, Matt and I headed to an art store that we discovered over in Portland. I vaguely remember going there with my dad when I was little, when he still taught classes at the Maine College of Art. And wow- going back there was awesome. I felt like a little kid in a candy store. They have EVERYTHING you need for every hobby you can think of- knitting, embroidery, screen printing, painting, photography, framing, paper making... you name it. I picked up some handmade origami paper. So cute! The staff are also extremely helpful and well educated on many hobbies. I heard one of the ladies go from talking painting to knitting to photography to screen printing and the back to painting. She knew it all. They also have an awesome selection of fun gifts, which is really helpful for me because I can make it a one-stop shop. Get my craft supplies, get that birthday present I needed, and get out! And did I mention the prices? All of their stuff is a good 50 cents cheaper

than the list price, sometimes more. I love this, as sometimes I can't afford to shop at local stores like this because they have to up their prices to cover rent. If you are ever over this way in Portland, you should check it out. It is also right next door to Big Sky Bakery, so you can grab some bread or a sweet treat while you are there- yum!


The have entire aisles full of gorgeous paper!

The aisles seem endless- I could stay there for hours. 

Artist and Craftsman Supple is located at 540 Deering Ave. in Portland, ME. You can check out their website here. They started in Lewiston, ME as an employee-owned local business and have since expanded into Portland, and now even have locations in other states!









No comments:

Post a Comment