Friday, January 3, 2014

Whole30 day 2!

Not sure about the rest of you, but we're having a pretty intense winter up here in Maine. This is the second snow day that I've had since I started my new job in November as a BHP in schools. And it looks like tomorrow will be another one- we're going to get about a foot of snow. Most people don't like snow but I do- I guess I live in the right state :) Are you guys getting snowed out too??

Anyways, one day down in the Whole30! I don't feel that different yet, but apparently it really hits you about a week in, so that should be interesting... I really wanted some warm comfort food today due to the snow and ice, so here's all the good stuff I ate today:

Breakfast: I cooked 2 peeled and chopped apples on low in my crockpot overnight, and mashed them up with a spoon this morning for some homemade applesauce. I love homemade applesauce because I like to leave it kind of chunky- mmmmm! I ate it with a splash of coconut milk, some freshly grated nutmeg, and a tablespoon of almond butter for some protein (again, Trader Joes- best deal ever on almond butter). I also had a paleo latte, recipe courtesy of fellow alumni/name stealer, (just kidding- she's older than me) which you can find here. It is sooo good- it gets all frothy and really does taste like a latte. Basically it is genius and you should try it.




Lunch: I mashed up 1/4 of an avocado with 1 tsp. of homemade mayo, then stirred it all together with a can of albacore tuna. I then wrapped the mixture up in a big leaf of lettuce with some tomato and cucumber chunks. I had tomato juice to drink. 




Dinner: Plain rotisserie chicken with mashed turnip and brussel sprouts. 
Snacks: guacamole with red peppers strips for dipping. Yum!

So it's going pretty well, I still feel hungry a lot but I know it will take some time for my body to get used to going without grains as a filler. Is anyone else doing the Whole 30? How's it going?

No comments:

Post a Comment